Almost every night I experience a dream that, when shared with others, is described as strange, or worse. Now I will share them with the world, or whoever stumbles upon this blog. Feel free to analyze the dreams, I usually find the analysis more interesting than the actual dream.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Kidnapping and Shopping Spree

Last night I had two dreams. In the first, I was kidnapped. I was in a room that was pitch black and I could tell someone was there but I couldn't see well enough. Suddenly a face appeared but only for a second then everything went black. When I woke up I was in a trashed apartment. A face appeared. Their mouth was moving, they were speaking to me, but I couldn't understand a word. It sounded like Chinese or maybe Japanese but I wasn't sure. They looked angry and I really wish I understood what they wanted with me. I was there for a few days and then finally one day we had a communication breakthrough. And then we could communicate a little bit. I now knew this person was involved in an effort to use English speaking people to convince others that all was well by forcing them to write things. After several more days I was able to convince this person that I really couldn't do that because it was dishonest. This person seemed to understand and wasn't completely unreasonable. Then I woke up. When I fell back asleep I dreamed I was at a store that was having a huge sale. I was looking for some specific shoes so I started to wade in among the other hundreds of women excited by the sale. I found a pair of boots for $40 but wasn't having much luck finding the other kinds of shoes I wanted. Finally, as some of the people were clearing out of the store, I spotted some promising shoes. I made my way over to the rack and tried on a few pair. One would work, they weren't fabulous, but would work. I had higher hopes for another style. But that pair was in a case, under lock and key. They were on sale for a great price too so I was super excited to try them on. I called for some help but no employee came by. After I waited a few minutes I walked over to some people I thought could help me. They couldn't but they said they would tell someone who would be right over. I went back to the case to wait. After a few minutes I heard an announcement, the sale would be ending in 5 minutes. I panicked, where was the employee that was supposed to help me? I called again for someone, no one came. The sale ended. Everything I had shopped for, the great deals I had in my arms, were no good. I was frustrated. In a fit of anger I threw my stuff down on the floor and left. I knew I got bad looks but I didn't care. Then I woke up.

No comments: