Almost every night I experience a dream that, when shared with others, is described as strange, or worse. Now I will share them with the world, or whoever stumbles upon this blog. Feel free to analyze the dreams, I usually find the analysis more interesting than the actual dream.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Cops and Banks

Last night I dreamed I was a police officer involved in an arrest. The suspect was eating outside on the patio of a pizza place with a group of friends and kids. The arrest took place without incident but afterward, one of the women she was eating with acted odd. I stuck around to ask some simple questions and observe the situation. This woman was horribly obese and I noticed she kept cutting slices of pizza but wouldn't give them to the kids. The kids looked pale and unsure of what to do. I was asking simple questions and she couldn't answer them satisfactorily and I warned her that failing to co operate could mean intervention on behalf of the children. She got very angry and threw pizza at me. I called for backup and tried to subdue the woman (which proved quite difficult due to her size) and the scene we were making bothered me because the chidren started crying. The dream morphed to a house, in a living room, and I was redecorating this room. It was covered in wallpaper and wallpaper border, horrible carpeting, and big brassy fixtures from the 1980s. There were few things in the room, left over from the previous owner, like a painting, a shelf, etc. But in the closet was a strange item. It was a blue 'piggy' bank in the shape of someone's head. It wasn't a face or a bust-like sculpture, it looked like a superhero face when the superhero is incognito. I pulled it from the closet and showed it to my friend and his face looked shocked. He pulled out a picture of himself and his brother from when they were younger and in the background was this exact item. It was rare enough to doubt anyone else could have this thing but not totally impossible. We sat at a table in the kitchen and examined the bank. I couldn't tell where to try to open it but my friend knew exactly where to look. He started pushing in combination numbers and letters but it wouldn't open. I said 'Try your brother's birthday.' He did and the bank popped open. We were amazed. Then I woke up.

No comments: