Almost every night I experience a dream that, when shared with others, is described as strange, or worse. Now I will share them with the world, or whoever stumbles upon this blog. Feel free to analyze the dreams, I usually find the analysis more interesting than the actual dream.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Water Wars and Shopping

Last night I dreamed I went to a restaurant/bar by myself. I was worried I'd look like such a loser but I was really in the mood for the food at this place. Things were quite active this night, the place was packed and a football game was on. I didn't have to wait though because a table for one was readily available. I tried not to make eye contact with anybody being shown to my table. I sat down and started looking at the menu when something started happening in the kitchen. Whatever the hubbub was started spilling out into the restaurant. I found myself being bumped into by the kitchen staff and an airplane beverage cart. The floor gave way and we fell a few stories below and it was water. The delivery ship set sail and we swam to it. We were out to sea within minutes and we were being chased by bad people. The dishwasher from the restaurant strapped a small engine to the beverage cart and two of us got onto it and started to try escaping. It was working! The dream changed to being in the house of some friends of my family. Walking into their master bedroom I was in awe of their walk in closets. They stretched the length of an entire wall! I noticed the ceiling beams were exposed and they laid shelving boards across them and put boxes up there. I noticed all of the interesting outfits and shoes hanging all over the room, she'd just been shopping. I was in love with a certain pair of red heels. I stopped by a consignment store (mostly of children's stuff) and was shopping for a special tricycle, one for an adult with a built in child seat in the back. My little girl was just about 10 months old and I thought it would be fun go on bike rides. My mom was with me and we picked one out. I then found myself in a grocery store and ran into my cousin in the check-out line. We started to talk but didn't want to hold anybody up so it was a disjointed conversation but she invited me over to her house. As I was finishing up my business in the store I ran into my other cousin (the previous one's brother). He was very exciting to see me, gave me a huge hug and wanted me to meet him later for drinks. I told him his sister invited me to her house and he should come too. He seemed hesitant but said he'd be there. It was summertime so my cousin had a small pool set up in the backyard and we all had a good time playing and talking. That was it, I woke up.

No comments: