Almost every night I experience a dream that, when shared with others, is described as strange, or worse. Now I will share them with the world, or whoever stumbles upon this blog. Feel free to analyze the dreams, I usually find the analysis more interesting than the actual dream.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Prickle Bushes

Last night I dreamed I was on my porch getting my daughter on the bus to school. It was warm outside and since I didn't plan on leaving my porch, I was barefoot. I was holding something in my hand and it dropped onto the porch. I picked it up but when I did something hurt my hand, it stung. I took a closer look at the concrete and noticed a squirming centipede. I took another look at my hand and noticed a small squirmy thing in my skin. I was surprised because I didn't know those animals could 'sting' and leave body parts behind. I started to pull it out but when I tried I could see a large squirming thing under my skin. It was like something out of Alien and I wanted to scream but kept calm and pushed and pinched until I could get it out. My neighbor was out on her porch with her younger daughter in her arms. Our kids got on the bus and we waved goodbye. I chatted with my neighbor a minute then went back inside to get something for her. When I came back out, she was no longer outside. I figured she must have had to go back in because her child needed something so I decided to go over and knock on her door. There wasn't much yard between our houses so I stayed barefoot and climbed down off my porch. I glanced down briefly at what I had in my hand and when I did I stepped on something that sent holy mortal pain through my left foot. I looked down and saw I had stepped into a large prickle bush and a string of Christmas lights, now broken. My neighbor's husband had been taking down the Christmas lights from their house over the past few days and was leaving the strands in the yard until he was completely finished. I lifted my foot up, thinking I would stop alot of the pain by getting it out of the prickles and broken glass, but my foot was stuck somehow. I wanted to scream and cry but again tried to remain calm and started trying to make noise so my neighbor would come outside. I hit the house, near her window, called her name and couldn't help but cry a little. She came outside and took one look at me and knew I was in some serious pain. She helped pull me out of the bush and sat me down in a chair on her porch. She then went inside to get some tweezers and helped pull the prickles out of my foot. I either woke up briefly or the dream shifted but I then found myself in my daughter's school. There were lots of parents in the building and it was the last day of school before a holiday break of some kind. I was not surprised but frustrated that my daughter's teacher, as well as several others, were substitutes. I thought to myself, 'If they don't want the kids to think of pre-holiday days as throw away days, why don't the teachers?!' I also didn't care for my child's sub because he was cranky and snooty. He assigned the class 16 pages of homework to be completed over the break. I apologized for being a little bit late, explaining I had injured myself that morning and that slowed me down. He seemed to not care whatsoever and I thought how much his attitude stunk. After visiting with my child's class a bit, I went back into the hallways where there were tables of snacks set up. I started saying hello to other parents and got a bite to eat. I then woke up.

No comments: